Thursday, November 13, 2008

I love food

Food does wonderful things for me. Admittedly, I wasn't doing so great yesterday. And by yesterday, I mean from the beginning of yesterday starting around midnight since I opted to skip sleep in favor of getting a paper done. So no sleep makes me a little cranky.

Class was at 4, and I finish around two. My mood went from 2 out of 10 up to a 5 just because I was finishing and I got to do a little biblical reflection in the paper too. I get to school, check my mailbox, and find a paper that I surprisingly got an A on that doesn't seem to happen in that class. Mood: 8 out of 10. But then, when things couldn't get any better, a buddy of mine in class was having a birthday the next day, so his wife brought in cake and cookies for class that night.

Mood: 10.5 out of 10

I was so very happy with my life at that point. And obviously, cookies didn't fix my mood from junk to jubilant, but I definitely ad a great night after that. Same thing with today. I hadn't eaten, went to the gym, needed to do some laundry, and was just gonna eat whatever I could find in the fridge. But then I saw some forgotten raviolis. Chicken and roasted garlic to be specific. I boiled those up, pulled out some sauce I had made last week, and shredded some parmesan cheese over it. Lovely. Throw in some lemonade I mixed with some grapefruit juice, and it was a great little lunch.

It wasn't just eating it that gave me the happy feelings (though it helped), but preparation of something I know is gonna be great was satisfying too. It was almost like creating artwork, except I eat the canvas in the end.

All that to say, I'm feeling well today. Content, happy, um ... full. I am blessed with a break from stress, and perhaps a new opportunity to do things right.

No comments: